Job Title: Senior Data Engineer (Business Intelligence)
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: UK, Remote
The Difference You'll Make
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a keen interest in data. Reporting to the Head of Analytics, you will be a key part of the Technology and Data function that already has a lot of demand and is growing. You’ll be someone who has a background using Business Intelligence tools, has experience creating APIs and Automation, who wants the opportunity to grow and take on new challenges.
Your main responsibilities will be producing and maintaining datasets and API connections to our internal and third-party systems. You’ll be creating dashboards and reports using our Business Intelligence tools and you will work with a team of analysts, who are the first line of support for all questions related to Data at Vivup.
The Team You'll Join
The Vivup technology offering includes a fully-custom, responsive Web platform, a React Native mobile app, and a Recognition & Reward offering delivered through a responsive Web platform, as well as using native iOS and Android Apps. Our partners include Currys, John Lewis, WeGift, as well as Tusker, through custom integrations (API, SSO, etc). Our data environment is mature, primarily on Power BI, and with various internal and external data-sources.
The established and growing Technology & Data team of 15 includes functions such as Platforms, Mobile Apps, Data & Reporting, as well as Infrastructure. Resource is in-shore, near-shore and off-shore and includes architects, developers, QA testers and data analysts. Agile Scrum, Feature & Bug tracking systems, and communication tools (Teams) are used for planning, as well as daily videocalls. The stack comprises AWS (Kubernetes), Azure, MySQL, MS-SQL, Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, Swift, Kotlin, .net and HTML/JS/CSS amongst others. Our QA/Testing processes across our Web and mobile offering include manual (primarily) and automated (secondarily) testing with software such as Cypress, Postman, JMeter.
Some of the interesting challenges and responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Business Intelligence Team to create, update reports and dashboards in Power BI, Excel and other formats where appropriate.
- Ability identify problems, provide solutions and ensure effective feedback into the process
- Create and maintain our APIs and manage Datasets for analysts and end users
- Action incoming data orientated requests, identifying what will be required for different requests, breaking them down as necessary.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure improvements and resolutions are being managed and met
- Creating and managing automation across systems, with a pro-active, continuous improvement approach.
- Using, Improving, Automating, Researching and Assessing data processing software (incl. Power BI)
- Work in collaboration with the Technology & Data Team and Head of Analytics in the delivery of Vivup’s Data Strategy
- Working closely with the Technology & Data team to ensure that the data collection and storage systems are secure and robust, and integrations are resilient
A bit about you, skills and experience:
- Able to Extract, Transform and Load Data
- Programming / Development experience with extracting data via API
- Working knowledge of JSON, Python, SQL, M, R
- Experience with creating reports and dashboards using BI tools (Power BI or Similar)
- Knowledge of using .NET programming languages
- Experience creating and managing automation across systems
- Experience in agile delivery (e.g. Scrum)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Logical thinker, with good problem solving ability with a flexible working style to meet changing needs
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate technical language across the business
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for this remote role, we look forward to hearing from you.